Author Topic: Substance Painter 2.1 iRay view causing program crash  (Read 4700 times)

I can't open the iRay view in Painter I am assuming it is related to the Nvidia driver warning mention in the forum here https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=9801.0
Can anyone confirm latest Nvidia Gforce 368.22 is working or not.
Crash report sent.
Cheers guys.
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Can anyone confirm latest Nvidia Gforce 368.22 is working or not.

Working fine here - no issues with Iray with 368.22; Win 7 GTX 970

I have gone through 10 of my last models over half of them are either locking the program and windows with CPU only and CPU and GPU render with iRay. Some of the models are rendering fine others are not. All were working perfectly in the last release. There is definitely something wrong with Memory here, I up the TDR to avoid instant crashes but all that does is freeze my UI. I don't think this is Graphics driver related but some memory leak?

Now I have to reinstall the last version. :(

Head of Product Management

Thank you :)
I can confirm that all models that crashed out in 2.1 are rendering as expected in 2.05 Windows.
Good luck find the cause
Mark

Any news on this, is it fixed in the upcoming 2.1.1 update I wonder?

We have fixed this in our internal build and it will improve the stability with Iray. The fix will be available in the 2.1.1, but I don't have an exact ETA as we are still working on some bugs.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks good to hear :)