Author Topic: Substance Plugin 4.12 ETA  (Read 4481 times)

Why isnt the substance plugin updated on release day, you guys have had months of preview builds to work out problems and issues, there is no excuse for this, my project requires this plugin and Im tired of waiting months for you guys to get on top of things

Hi,

Please stays respectful, your comment sounds harsh while there is no reason for it to be.

We usually have a plugin version ready each time a new build of the UE4 is officially out (as we follow internally the preview versions). However Epic don't warn us when the release comes out so we discover it just like you. Add to that the fact that we don't push the plugin ourselves on the UE4 Marketplace, we send it to Epic which then update it manually. Therefore some delay can happen because of that. We do our best to have a new plugin update in time.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

my project requires this plugin and Im tired of waiting months for you guys to get on top of things
Allegorithmic has never promised to support preview builds for UE4. They are not meant for real projects but for testing purposes only. That being said, I'd appreciate if they did do initial changes on github when first previews hit the launcher. Basically the reasoning why they don't do this has been that there may be some changes so they'd have to change the plugin multiple times.

If you must use preview builds or can't wait for the official plugin to arrive to marketplace, you can always try to compile the plugin yourself. Source code is supplied even with the marketplace version.

For example, I took the 4.11 plugin, placed it into my own UE4 4.12 c++ projects Plugins-folder and compiled it there. On 4.12, there's duplicate definition for one struct, but if you rename it on the substance plugin, it'll compile, work and package just fine (at least I didn't see any issues with it). If that's too much work, then maybe just stay on 4.11 and wait until things you find you must have are available?

There are 20 code plugins on UE4 marketplace and I don't think any of them support 4.12 at the moment, so please be patient, 4.12 just got released yesterday after all.

Any update?

Even if it takes a while for the marketplace version I wouldn't mind a github 4.12 update.

Hi All,

I normally do my best to update the github release ASAP. Epic Games released 4.12 while I was on vacation and unable to work on the plugin. I am working on it now and we'll have a build sent to Epic and posted on Github within the next day or so. Thanks for your patience and I apologize for the delay!

Nice, thanks.

Hope you had a good vacation! 8)

I did, thank you!

And 4.12 is now on github: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=10335.new#new

Just because its on Github doesnt mean people are very happy right now having to wait for the marketplace release, just letting yall know

Just because its on Github doesnt mean people are very happy right now having to wait for the marketplace release, just letting yall know

Have you even read the replies to your own thread? Allegorithmic has nothing to do with how long it takes Epic to put it on the marketplace. If it is that big of a deal for you it is available on Github, and if that doesn't work for you maybe take it up with Epic?

The plugin is now live on the marketplace :)