Author Topic: Where can I find PBR substances?  (Read 3946 times)

You might say: On the Allegorithmic website.

Ok, but how do I know, which individual substance is PBR and which is not? I don´t want to buy the Full Database.

Edit:
I found this on their website:
"We will introduce a new, smaller, very focused collection of base materials which are PBR ready and should represent the starting point to any game developer willing to produce Next Gen looking imagery"

ok, but when?
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:56:23 pm

You might say: On the Allegorithmic website.

Ok, but how do I know, which individual substance is PBR and which is not? I don´t want to buy the Full Database.

Edit:
I found this on their website:
"We will introduce a new, smaller, very focused collection of base materials which are PBR ready and should represent the starting point to any game developer willing to produce Next Gen looking imagery"

ok, but when?

I'll check on the release date. We have a good portion of substances from the data base converted to PBR.

We will have 50 new PBR substances every month or so added to the database.

Cheers,

Wes
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:37:39 pm
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I still don´t know, if any of these PBR substances, you are talking about, is available in the allegorithmic store (and no, I don´t mean the full database).

It would be very helpful to have reference files from the developer. There´s no better way to learn things, than to study perfect examples.

Edit: I will see if the hotrod tutorials will get me any further.
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:25:27 pm

I still don´t know, if any of these PBR substances, you are talking about, is available in the allegorithmic store (and no, I don´t mean the full database).

It would be very helpful to have reference files from the developer. There´s no better way to learn things, than to study perfect examples.

We have 20 PBR substances in the Substance Database now and next week we will add 20 more. We will continue to update the Substance Database. The PBR substances will be apart of the Substance Database.

I've attached 2 PBR substances from the database for reference.

Cheers,

Wes

thanks!

We have 20 PBR substances in the Substance Database now and next week we will add 20 more. We will continue to update the Substance Database. The PBR substances will be apart of the Substance Database.

Cheers,

Wes

@Wes, what makes these two samples PBR?  I thought they would have Metallic and Roughness outputs, but they don't.  Thanks

Cheers,

Wes

@Wes, what makes these two samples PBR?  I thought they would have Metallic and Roughness outputs, but they don't.  Thanks

Oh, you are right. It looks like those are not the right files. They should have roughness and metallic outputs. I will check on it and upload new substances.

Cheers,

Wes

Cheers,

Wes

Oh, you are right. It looks like those are not the right files. They should have roughness and metallic outputs. I will check on it and upload new substances.

Cheers,

Wes

Please see the attached Substances for PBR. It looks like the ones previously were not PBR.

Cheers,

Wes

Cheers Wes, will check them out.

Whilst these new samples open in SD 4.1.1 the graphs will not display :(

Hi guys,

sorry, but this bargaining over pbr substances ist pathetic.

why don´t you just release a basic pbr pack, to render the discussion obsolete?

or maybe I find some time and provide such a package myself.

that´s because it´s the published sbsar file, not the sbs

maybe after GDC things will be easier ;)

I"m not sure if it's been mentioned somwhere already, but can you guys define what substances are currently included in the mention of “new, smaller, very focused collection of base materials which are PBR ready”?  Do these include standard materials such as different metal types (steel, titanium, aluminum, iron, brass, etc), possibly baseline woods, plastics, plasters, glass, concrete, etc.?  The PBR database could be a huge deal considering how much time and effort goes into authoring real-world accurate PBR materials, have a good baseline to construct other Substances with would be worth it's weight in gold.

that´s because it´s the published sbsar file, not the sbs

maybe after GDC things will be easier ;)

LOL, thx michael, I didn't even bother to look at the file ext, just presumed they were sbs.   :-[

I"m not sure if it's been mentioned somwhere already, but can you guys define what substances are currently included in the mention of “new, smaller, very focused collection of base materials which are PBR ready”?  Do these include standard materials such as different metal types (steel, titanium, aluminum, iron, brass, etc), possibly baseline woods, plastics, plasters, glass, concrete, etc.?

This PBR collection will be focused on what we call "base materials", so those are indeed different kind of metals, wood, plasters, etc.
We are aiming for 100 of them as a start. No ETA, although the production is going pretty well so far.
Director of Product Management & COO