Author Topic: Strange Normal Map artifacts during bake  (Read 1232 times)

Greetings!

I've come across simillar issues many times, but i'm still unable to find a proper solution for it, as the picture shows once i generate my normal map some strange artifacts occur, i'm guessing it's something to do with the light angle since my UV map is somewhat good, of course this is not a full model and that could very well have something to do with this, but i've had this happen to full models before, i've tried messing with distances, tried separating the mesh, tried caging but so far nothing works.  :'(

Here's also a link for the meshes if necessary https://www.dropbox.com/sh/372txzpjcpplr87/AABJGPbu-uHh4N810ybhWDpYa?dl=0
Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:38:42 am

Your issue is that baking rays capture parts of neighbour geometry due to Maximum frontal distance parameter being too high for this particular case. So, you have two options:

1) Lower Maximum frontal distance to something like 0,0040 (this value worked for me).
2) Build an accurate cage for your meshes and bake with cage instead of using Maximum frontal/rear disitance.

Your issue is that baking rays capture parts of neighbour geometry due to Maximum frontal distance parameter being too high for this particular case. So, you have two options:

1) Lower Maximum frontal distance to something like 0,0040 (this value worked for me).
2) Build an accurate cage for your meshes and bake with cage instead of using Maximum frontal/rear disitance.

Lowering the frontal distance worked like a charm, thank you very much sir!
 :D :D :D