Author Topic: Support for 3DConnexion devices (Space Mouse, Space Pilot, ...)  (Read 14367 times)

All my other 3D apps support those devices and I'm simply unable to navigate in a viewport that does not support my Space Pilot!  ;)

I'm really missing it!

+1

yup, that was also the first things I was missing.

Yeah, I agree. Using my Space Pilot Pro while working has become kind of second nature to me.

I can imagine people who use the fancier/pricier tablets probably don't need it as much, but I still prefer navigating 3D space with my Space Pilot Pro over using my cheaper tablet.

I second this. I always paint in 3D-Coat with 3DConnexion in right hand, and my pen tablet in the left one, and it has become an incredible time saver. With S.Painter I can use my tablet, but being able to use the 3D Connexion without having to hit shift, alt or command to rotate, pan or zoom would be most welcome.

I've mentioned this on the Steam Discussions thread, but I guess I will add my support for this feature here too. Double wielding a space Pilot Pro and tablet on Painter will be a sight to behold!

+1

with the Spacemouse support i could use the graphic tablet way better! Now i have to switch between the mouse and the tablet the whole time  :-\

+1 really makes for a buttery smooth workflow.

Yup this is needed! makes painting in 3dcoat really awesome, and I am hesitant to work without a 3d mouse.

Here's a link to get started http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/software-developer.html don't think it's too hard to implement, the first space mouse I got was over 12 years ago before Maya was offically supported and my wife was able to knock out a plugin to get working like a champ in an evening.

+1, another SpacePilot user as well.

...And please try to make it work as silky smooth as it does in MODO; they even have the viewport buttons (T,L,R,B and Fit) working correctly too!

-Will

3DConnexion SpaceNavigator here, please.   :)

Now that Substance Painter 1 is released, is there any further chance of getting 3D mouse support?

I find that my fingers get very confused when I try to mix navigation and brush size/flow settings on the same mouse.  I try to rotate the view, and change the brush size instead!

Thanks,
Epi
Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:27:46 pm

I do my texture painting in 3D coat in combination with a SpaceMouse pro and wacom intuos, I can't imagine 3D painting/navigating differently, it would be like giving up a good pair of legs to go and do the walking with a wheelchair. I was considering to buy this toolset, I find myself switching allot from 3D coat to marmoset toolbag to see how my paintwork is looking in the PBR workflow. Seeing this tool has build in PBR rendering is a real plus but having no support for my spacemouse puts me completely off.

If this toolset would get 3D mouse support I will buy it with no hesitation.

I will just wait and see.

I was considering to buy this toolset, I find myself switching allot from 3D coat to marmoset toolbag to see how my paintwork is looking in the PBR workflow. Seeing this tool has build in PBR rendering is a real plus but having no support for my spacemouse puts me completely off.

Integrated PBR will come to 3D Coat with one of the next builds, Andrew is already working on it for the last couple of weeks.

I am also using 3D Coat for all painting tasks, and am looking for a good reason to give Substance Painter a try. Right now, the only real reason I see is the ability to transfer all texturing work - including all separate layers, which is quite spectacular imo and missing from other apps - from one UV layout to another one.

Too many features I like in 3D Coat seem to be missing in Painter though, like e.g. Height/ Color limiter (paint cavities/ heights only), or even simple features like aligning the brush orientation to the stroke (correct me if I'm wrong).
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:47:00 am

3d connexion spaceMouse pro. bump for this! need it 100%.

Another +1! Support for this across Substance products would be great, but Painter would benefit from it the most!